Skip to Content

More Info →Salvation Army Junior Hall, King Street

The Salvation Army was established in Palmerston North in 1883. The Junior Hall was designed by William Gray Young and constructed in 1922 on land that stretched from Broadway through to King Street. In 1982, having outgrown these premises, the Salvation Army established a new complex on the corner of Princess and Church Streets, and this site was sold to Para Rubber.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DigitalMaster_3907
Title
Salvation Army Junior Hall, King Street
Relation
Coolstore
Format
Colour print
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Creation

Created By
Place
114 King Street, Palmerston North
Date
May 1996

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

User comments