This was the second bridge over the Manawatu River in Palmerston North, replacing the original structure built in 1877. It was constructed by Fletcher Construction and remained until 1986 when it proved too small for the volume of traffic, particularly as it serves the main route to Massey University. The photographer is looking eastward from the Palmerston North side of the river.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of the second Fitzherbert Bridge
- Held In