Skip to Content

More Info →Foxton Racing Club stewards

The Manawatu Racing Club was established on land whose use was granted by its Maori owners, and races were held from 1855 onwards. The acquisition of the Awahou Block by the Crown and the prospect of the sale of the land caused fear of loss of the course, and in 1865 a petition signed by local Pakeha and Maori was presented to the Provincial Council asking that the land be appropriated. Back Row from left : Unknown; Hynes; Dr Mandel; Howan; Nye; unknown x 3. Front row from left: Coley; Gray; Robinson; Unknown x 2; Symons; Unknown

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011N_Fo21_004672
Title
Foxton Racing Club stewards
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Fo 21
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Foxton Racing Club stewards
Foxton Beach Improvement Society
Palmerston North Squash Rackets Club
Palmerston North Squash Rackets club players
Foxton Athletics Club committee
Rongotea Rugby Team
Palmerston North Cycling and Athletic Club
Waipatiki oil well, southern Hawkes Bay
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board and Local Body Representatives
Henry Phillips and friend
Board of Managers of St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Minas Nicoletatos: Kiwi Sport Club wrestling champion

Creation

Created By
Place
Manawatu
Date
circa 1914

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Foxton Racing Club stewards
Foxton Beach Improvement Society
Palmerston North Squash Rackets Club
Palmerston North Squash Rackets club players
Foxton Athletics Club committee
Rongotea Rugby Team
Palmerston North Cycling and Athletic Club
Waipatiki oil well, southern Hawkes Bay
Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board and Local Body Representatives
Henry Phillips and friend
Board of Managers of St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Minas Nicoletatos: Kiwi Sport Club wrestling champion

User comments