Skip to Content

The Refectory was designed by Roy A. Lippincott in the Spanish Mission / Mission Revival style. It was built in 1930 by Fletcher Construction, and opened in 1931. It was one of the original buildings on the Massey Agricultural College campus, alongside the Main Building, and housed the dining room, students' common room, kitchen and servants’ quarters. It is now used as offices. Photographs taken for Massey University walk, Local History Week 2010. Tour guide Louis Changuion, archivist, Massey University

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010BD_IMCA-DigitalMaster_004433
Title
Refectory front entrance, Massey University
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive
Relation
Local History Week 2010 Photograph Collection
Date
November 4, 2010

Related items

Business Studies Central Building, Massey University
McHardy Hall, Massey University
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University
Massey University concourse
Water Tower, Massey University
Science Towers A & B, Massey University
Science Towers B & C, Massey University
Sir Geoffrey Peren Building, Massey University
Refectory, Massey University
"Our Place" Naming the Palmerston North Campus Buildings [UCOL]
"Foster Father Looks After his Charges" Feeding Calves

Creation

Created By
Place
Massey University, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
massey agricultural college,
tertiary education,
Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Business Studies Central Building, Massey University
McHardy Hall, Massey University
Moving Fitzherbert House onto the Massey University campus
Entrance to the Old Main Science building, Massey University
Massey University concourse
Water Tower, Massey University
Science Towers A & B, Massey University
Science Towers B & C, Massey University
Sir Geoffrey Peren Building, Massey University
Refectory, Massey University
"Our Place" Naming the Palmerston North Campus Buildings [UCOL]
"Foster Father Looks After his Charges" Feeding Calves