Skip to Content
"Craiglockhart"

More Info →"Craiglockhart"

Craiglockhart was built in 1890 for Charles John Monro and his family and was situated on a property of fifty-one acres across the river from Palmerston North. The house was named after the Monro's county estate in Scotland.

Craiglockhart was bought by Massey Agricultural College (now Massey University) in the 1940s and has been used as student accommodation since then.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2020Pa_IMCA-DigitalArchive_032796
Title
"Craiglockhart"
Relation
IMCA Digital Archive
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Creation

Created By
Place
182 Tennent Drive, Palmerston North
Date
October 15, 2010

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

User comments