Skip to Content

Musical instrument, the Rockshop, on the Square. The business would later move to the adjacent property (under construction in this photograph). Located next to the Grand Hotel, this building was formerly the 'Manawatu Daily Times' office in Palmerston North. It was used as the premises of Waghorns' decorating shop 1913-c1937, then as Miller's Warehouse for a short time until the building became Tingey’s, oil and colour merchants, 1939-1979.

Identification

Object type
Image
Identifier
2009-72
Relation
Coolstore
Date
July 2008
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DigitalMaster_4164
Format
Colour print
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Corner of Broadway and The Square
The Strand Building
Pak'N Save Supermarket
TSB Bank building
The Square and Fitzherbert Avenue
Fitzherbert Avenue from The Square
"Dancing Ladies of the Night."
Te Awe Awe Statue, The Square
All Saints Church
Square Edge
Looking Towards Church Street and The Plaza
Hopwood Clock Tower

Taxonomy

Tags
2000s,
businesses,
music,
rock shop,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Corner of Broadway and The Square
The Strand Building
Pak'N Save Supermarket
TSB Bank building
The Square and Fitzherbert Avenue
Fitzherbert Avenue from The Square
"Dancing Ladies of the Night."
Te Awe Awe Statue, The Square
All Saints Church
Square Edge
Looking Towards Church Street and The Plaza
Hopwood Clock Tower