Poster for Milne and Choyce's new coffee bar, created by Allan Smith while working in the Display Department of Milne and Choyce. He was first employed by the C M Ross department store in 1959, which was then bought out by Milne and Choyce. He rose to become Display Manager. Milne and Choyce operated in The Square, Palmerston North 1959-1966. Coffee Lounges, as was coffee as a drink of choice, were a new concept that began to replace the tearooms of department stores from the 1960s. Coloured, on board, for display in the store.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Milne and Choyce advertising poster for the ‘Coffee Garden’
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive