Skip to Content

The Liedertafel was formed in 1907, to practise and perform songs for male voices. It changed its name to the Orpheus Society in 1915. From left. Back row: S Drew: W Leet; A Watson; H Batchelar; J Perrin; E Watson. Middle row: H Lyall; Hockley; F Clere; W Lyon; E Garner; J Barnicoat; J Rogers. Front row; R A Fuller, W L Scott, F W Mason; C W Peach; W Jewett; (names missing from front row).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Mus4_GRO_1080
Title
Palmerston North Liedertafel
Held In
Coolstore
Date
circa 1909

Related items

"Choir Singing at Rally Opening"
Sincerity Singers, Regent Theatre
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
Palmerston North Technical School Choir, 1945
Palmerston North Technical School Photographs, 1945
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
St. Peter's Choir
"Mail From Home For Choir Boys"
"Choir Rehearses "Messiah""
Linton 'Pot Wallopers' band
Children in Costume
Staff of Manson and Barr Limited

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
choir,
groups,
Community Tags
arts,
music,
vocal music,

Report a problem

Related items

"Choir Singing at Rally Opening"
Sincerity Singers, Regent Theatre
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
Palmerston North Technical School Choir, 1945
Palmerston North Technical School Photographs, 1945
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
St. Peter's Choir
"Mail From Home For Choir Boys"
"Choir Rehearses "Messiah""
Linton 'Pot Wallopers' band
Children in Costume
Staff of Manson and Barr Limited