A new four storey C M Ross shop replaced the three buildings on The Square that made up the department store prior to this, in 1927-1928. Two of the three buildings can still be seen in the photograph, as the new premises were erected in stages, allowing C M Ross to continue business during much of the building period. The store extended through to Coleman Place and George Street.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of the C M Ross Co department store
- Held In