The Longburn Slaughtering and Freezing Company Ltd was established as a farmer's co-operative in 1890. Sited at Longburn, just south of Palmerston North, it later became known as the Longburn Freezing Works. It closed in 1986. The photographer was the son of the then Manager, John Anderson. Four men are standing in the Engine Room, including the Chief Engineer, Archie Keith, and Chatfield.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Engine Room, Longburn Freezing Works
- Held In