Skip to Content

The old Fire Station was constructed in 1910. In 1926 the Brigade was moved into new premises in Cuba Street when this building proved to be too small for its needs. Currently [2015] the Fire Station is located in Church Street.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_F30_WOR_1422
Title
Demolition of Fire Station
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection F 30
Date
1967

Related items

Demolition of Milk Processing Plant
Clarendon Hotel Fire
Animal Nutrition Centre
L C Driver and Milk Truck
Labourers in Metal Pit, Pohangina District
Creating Trenches for 24" Sewer Across Swamp
Frederick Johansen removing stumps from property by hand
Henry Dittmer transporting a wool bale
Construction of Septic Tanks and Filters at Awapuni
Laying reinforcing rods for concrete decking on Fitzherbert Bridge
Laying 24" Sewer Across Swamp
Casting at Martins Engineering Works

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
car,
demolish,
labour,
nzta,
photographs,
vehicle testing,
wof,
work,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Demolition of Milk Processing Plant
Clarendon Hotel Fire
Animal Nutrition Centre
L C Driver and Milk Truck
Labourers in Metal Pit, Pohangina District
Creating Trenches for 24" Sewer Across Swamp
Frederick Johansen removing stumps from property by hand
Henry Dittmer transporting a wool bale
Construction of Septic Tanks and Filters at Awapuni
Laying reinforcing rods for concrete decking on Fitzherbert Bridge
Laying 24" Sewer Across Swamp
Casting at Martins Engineering Works