The city bus fleet here has four different types of buses. The Leyland, Tiger Buses, to the left of the employees, were purchased in 1934-1935 at a cost of 1,237 pounds. The newer diesel buses were purchased soon after at a cost of 2,316 pounds. The City bus fleet used a terminal in The Square until moving to a bus terminal in Church Street East in 1977. Behind can be seen the former BNZ building on the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue (on left) and the Grand Hotel (on right).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North city bus fleet in The Square
- Held In