Skip to Content

This St Patrick's was the third Catholic Church to be erected in Palmerston North, at a new site further along Broadway Avenue. It was opened 22 March 1925. Extensive renovations took place in the mid 1960s, and in 1980 it achieved cathedral status.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2021BD_IMCA-DigtalArchive_034721
Title
St Patrick's Cathedral
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive
Relation
Alexander Robertson, for PNCC
Date
February 2, 2021

Related items

A View of The Square Before The Lakelet
St Patrick's Scouts
Shamrock First Holy Communion
St Patrick's Catholic Church
St Patrick's First Holy Communion
St Patrick's First Holy Communion
Palmerston North - Looking West
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
Villa Maria Boarding House and School, Whanganui
Convent of Mercy, Fitchett Street
St Patrick's School
St Patrick's School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
catholic church,
st patrick's,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

A View of The Square Before The Lakelet
St Patrick's Scouts
Shamrock First Holy Communion
St Patrick's Catholic Church
St Patrick's First Holy Communion
St Patrick's First Holy Communion
Palmerston North - Looking West
Catholic Women’s Guild Singing Circle
Villa Maria Boarding House and School, Whanganui
Convent of Mercy, Fitchett Street
St Patrick's School
St Patrick's School