Skip to Content

The house in this photograph was located next to the Tokomaru Public Hall. It served as the town's first Post Office and first school house. Tom Morgan lived in this house from 1925 t o1935. The house was demolished in 1992 and the land used for car parking at the hall.

This image comes from a collection of negatives taken by H M Griffiths in the early 1900s, probably 1910-1920. Many of these negatives are labelled as having been taken in Tokomaru, but many have no information with them. They were donated to the City Archives in 1971.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Coolstore - Griffiths Glass Plate box
Date
1910 to 1920
Digitisation ID
2015G_GriffithsB1_011046
Format
Glass negative
Held In
Coolstore

Taxonomy

Community Tags
j e griffiths,
tokomaru,

Report a problem