The Ashhurst Bridge spanning the Manawatu River, was officially opened on the 9 June 1909, replacing the original bridge that was swept away in the 1895 flood. Until a new bridge was built a punt was used to ferry people and vehicles across the Manawatu River at this point. This bridge was replaced by a concrete structure in 1969.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Sheep grazing near the Ashhurst Bridge
- Held In