This building in Main Street East, was constructed in 1887 as the Palmerston North Borough Council offices. By 1905 it was too small so the Council offices were transferred to the former Colonial Bank building in The Square. This building was then used to house the third Public Library 1905 – 1929. Next door can be seen the office of the Evening Standard newspaper and beyond the Opera House, built in 1905.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North Borough Council offices, Main Street
- Held In