In December 1934, the 40 member Grenadier Guards Band toured New Zealand to give a series of concerts. The band was accorded a civic welcome to Palmerston North at The Square band rotunda. Led by Major Miller, the band then paraded in uniform and marched to the Showgrounds to the tune of the “British Grenadiers”. Here they gave their first concert to a large and enthusiastic crowd. They performed twice in Palmerston North, to capacity audience.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Grenadier Guard’s Band, Cuba Street
- Held In