A new concrete bridge replaced the first wooden structure across the Manawatu River in Palmerston North, in 1935. The official party approaching the bridge after the unveiling has taken place includes, from left: Viscount Galway, Governor-General; Mr S E Mansford, Mayor Palmerston North; Mrs Mansford; 2 unidentified people; Mr J R Hardie, Town Clerk of Palmerston North; Mrs Hardie.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Official opening of second Fitzherbert Bridge
- Held In
- Research File