This building was Palmerston North’s fourth Post Office, operating from 1906-1988. The original 1906 building was extended towards Broadway and up Main Street in the early 1920s and in 1937. It was originally built with a clock tower but this was removed in 1942 after an earthquake for safety reasons and the clock and chimes were re-housed in the ‘new’ clock tower in The Square in 1957.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Chief Post Office, Palmerston North
- Held In