The Local History Week 2018 Brochure. This year will be the tenth Local History Week and we're celebrating! Running from Monday 29 October to Sunday 4 November, this is a week where we remember and celebrate our local history. We have an opening ceremony on the Monday, and there will be lunchtime talks each day from Monday to Friday, on a wide range of topics. There are also walks and tours around local buildings and heritage areas. Some of the exciting items in this year's programme include:
- Lunchtime talk: Women in trousers by Claire Regnault, Senior Curator History, Te Papa
- Book Launch of "Postcards of Palmerston North" by Val
- Bus Trip: Visit to Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom, Foxton
- Workshop: She Said What? – Stitch some women’s wisdom with local fibre artist Gunhild Litwin
- A week long display showcasing posters of the previous nine Local History Weeks.