The PNCC administration building was opened in 1980. Its design was an example of Brutalism architecture. The Hopwood clock tower completed in 1957, houses the original Post Office clock. Behind the clock tower can be seen the Council chamber. The clock tower was upgraded c2008, and is now illuminated in different colours at dark and features a glassed-in cross. The administration building was also partially painted about the same time, eliminating some of the starkness of the building.