The timber yard was situated between Main Street East and Broad Street (now Broadway Avenue). The railway line in the foreground was a siding which ran from the railway in Main Street to the flour mill and the sash and door factory. The three-storey white building in the middle distance was Palmerston North's first flour mill, erected by Richter, Nannestad and Co Ltd in 1878, which stood on the north side of Broad Street. In the background to the left of the flour mill can be seen the roof of the Palmerston North Sash, Door and Timber Co.'s sawmill and joinery factory on Albert Street, in use 1892-1910.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North Sash, Door and Timber Co. Ltd timber yard
- Held In