Skip to Content

More Info →Plan of alterations to dressing rooms at the Municipal Opera House

The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned as unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2017Pa_PNCC4-8-2-M252-4_020041
Title
Plan of alterations to dressing rooms at the Municipal Opera House
Relation
PNCC4/8/2 Plan M252/4
Format
Paper
Held In
PNCC Archives
Archive
PNCC

Related items

Plan of proposed alterations to Municipal Opera House
Plan of alterations to dressing rooms at the Municipal Opera House
Plan of seating at Municipal Opera House
Plans for Municipal Opera House
Memory Lane - "Sunshine cake in wartime"
"What Children Do in the Holidays" Visiting a Local Theatre
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Opera House Loan Poll of Ratepayer Information Sheet
Palmerston North Opera House
Palmerston North Facilities Card 1
Palmerston North Facilities Card

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Ashley Street and Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
August 24, 1954

Object rights

Credit Line
PNCC

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Plan of proposed alterations to Municipal Opera House
Plan of alterations to dressing rooms at the Municipal Opera House
Plan of seating at Municipal Opera House
Plans for Municipal Opera House
Memory Lane - "Sunshine cake in wartime"
"What Children Do in the Holidays" Visiting a Local Theatre
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
36 Views of New Zealand Scenery
Opera House Loan Poll of Ratepayer Information Sheet
Palmerston North Opera House
Palmerston North Facilities Card 1
Palmerston North Facilities Card

User comments