Skip to Content

More Info →Esplanade Gardens

A walkway surrounded by gardens in the Esplanade, near the road. This area was probably originally laid out c1916-20. The Victoria Esplanade Gardens were named after Queen Victoria to celebrate her 60 years on the throne, and opened in 1897.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011n_p15_005999
Title
Esplanade Gardens
Relation
Public Photograph Collection P 15
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Esplanade Gardens
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Woman and Dog in Victoria Esplanade
Flower Bed at Victoria Esplanade
Aerial View of Terrace End
Aerial View of Terrace End
Anzac Park
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe in the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe at the Esplanade
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
Fish Pond, Victoria Esplanade
Peter Black Conservatory, Victoria Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Place
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
gardens,
victoria esplande,

Report a problem

Related items

Esplanade Gardens
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Woman and Dog in Victoria Esplanade
Flower Bed at Victoria Esplanade
Aerial View of Terrace End
Aerial View of Terrace End
Anzac Park
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe in the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe at the Esplanade
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
Fish Pond, Victoria Esplanade
Peter Black Conservatory, Victoria Esplanade

User comments