Skip to Content

More Info →Te Marae o Hine / The Square

Looking from the corner of Coleman Place to the Cornonation Fountain, built in 1902. Originally it stood in the middle of The Square, but was shifted to accommodate the war memorial in the 1920s. In 2005 it was again shifted, to sit near the Broadway corner of The Square. Beyond can be seen the PDC department store, near the Church Street conrner of The Square

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DigitalMaster_004488
Title
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
Relation
IMCA Digital Archive
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Te Marae o Hine / The Square
Aerial View of Terrace End
Aerial View of Terrace End
House in Campbell Street
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe in the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe at the Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Anzac Park
Esplanade Gardens
Rangitikei Street
Clausen's Plating Works - Corner of Cook Street and Main Street West

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1955

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
gardens,
pdc,
street furniture,

Report a problem

Related items

Te Marae o Hine / The Square
Aerial View of Terrace End
Aerial View of Terrace End
House in Campbell Street
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe in the Esplanade
Governor General Lord Jellicoe and Lady Jellicoe at the Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Anzac Park
Esplanade Gardens
Rangitikei Street
Clausen's Plating Works - Corner of Cook Street and Main Street West

User comments