Peke atu ki ngā rauemi

He pārongo atu anōSoldiers' Club Building, Elevation to Cuba Street, 1916

Elevation to Cuba Street plan of the Soldiers' Club Building, dated 1916. Built on the corner of Cuba and George Streets for the Manawatu Patriotic Society and completed in 1917 to a design from the firm of L G West & Son. The building was used by the Returned and Services Association until 1966 when it was sold to a private owner. Currently it houses Cafe Cuba on the ground floor whose outdoor tables can be seen occupying the footpath along Cuba Street. The building is well preserved and contains many of the original design features including cast iron columns along the verandah.

Tautuhi

Momo rauemi
Image
Tautuhi matihiko
2018Pa_PNCC4-13-16-F1_024562_005
Ingoa
Soldiers' Club Building, Elevation to Cuba Street, 1916
Pākanga
PNCC 4/13/16 - Building Plans, Soldiers' Club Building
Momo rauemi
Paper
E puritia ana ki
PNCC Archives
Pūranga
Building Plans

Hanganga

Te kaihanga
Te wāhi
Cuba Street
Te rā
October 1, 1916

Te manatārua

Ngā whakamihi
PNCC

Pūnaha whakarōpū

Tūtohu Hapori
architecture,
buildings,
cuba street,
lg west & son,
soldiers' club building,

Tuku kōrero mai mō te whakararu

Ngā pito kōrero a te hunga toro mai