The building that housed The Premier Drapery Company was built 1929-1930. The store was one of the foremost department stores in Palmerston North. In 1986 the PDC became part of the PDC Plaza. This was sold in 1988, and then later demolished. The multistoried building on the left was the Public Library before it was moved across The Square to the old DIC building in 1996.