This photograph shows a man standing on the green of the Takaro Bowling Club. The clubhouse is visible in the background. The lawns and bowling greens in Featherston Street were laid down in 1922, around the same time that the Club was formed. Play began there in 1923. The first officers were elected as follows: Mr. H. B. 'Free (President); Messrs. K. Mac Donald, A. Clarke, and G. H. Trott (vice-presidents); Mr. E. J. Hambling (secretary); Mr. W. Mundy (treasurer); Mrs. A. D. Campbell and Mr. W. J. Robertson (croquet committee), Mrs. H. B. Free and Mr. O. Roe (tennis committee), Messrs. J. Brown and A. Cooksley (bowling committee); Mr. T. B. Arlidge (auditor).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Takaro Bowling, Tennis and Bowling Club, Featherston Street
- Held In