The Ballance River bridge at the eastern end of the Manawatu Gorge was designed by James Fulton and opened by the Premier, Richard John Seddon in 1904. The bridge was built using a double intersection Pratt truss with a small version at the south end, in a combination of steel and wood. The bridge was demolished 23 February 1972. to the left can be seen the rail line that runs from Palmerston North to Hawkes Bay.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Ballance Bridge, near Woodville
- Held In