Skip to Content

The Wesley Broadway Church was originally called St Paul's. It was designed by James Bennie in 1911 and was the third Methodist church on this site. In 1989 the two Methodist churches in Palmeston North (the other in Cuba Street) combined to become the Wesley Broadway Church. The church was demolished in 2020 as it did not meet the new earthquake standards. Photo taken on a Huawei GR5 mobile device.

Identification

Object type
Image
Date
April 15, 2020
Digitisation ID
2020BD_2020-34_030795
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 9
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 13

Taxonomy

Tags
churches,
demolition,
wesley broadway church,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 9
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 13