In 1887 the newly formed borough of Palmerston North was granted 361 acres of ground between Park Road and the Manawatu River, by the Government. In 1891 the Palmerston North Reserves Act divided this into four parts including 39 acres along the river bank as an esplanade. The Victoria Esplanade was opened in 1897, the same year as Queen Victoria's 60 year on the throne.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
- Held In