Skip to Content

More Info →Fleet of Union Airways aeroplanes, Milson Airport

Union Airways' inaugural service, between Palmerston North and Dunedin, began in 1936, using three four-engined DH86 airliners. Its routes connected Palmerston North with Auckland, Blenheim Christchurch and Dunedin. Union Airways later combined to become the National Airways Corporation of New Zealand

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Av99_TRA_2290
Title
Fleet of Union Airways aeroplanes, Milson Airport
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Av 99
Held In
Coolstore
License
no_known_restrictions

Related items

Miles Falcon, Union Airways, Milson Airport
Fleet of  Union Airways aeroplanes, Milson Airport
DC3 aeroplanes, Milson Airport
New Zealand National Airways Corporation building, Milson Airport
Aerial view of runway, Milson Airport
NAC aeroplane at Milson Airport
Resealing the runway, Milson Airport
Resealing Milson Airport runway
Opening of the First International Agricutural Aviation Show, Milson Airport
'Southern Cross' aeroplane, Milson Airport
Control tower, Milson Airport
Shell fuel depot, Milson Airport

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1936

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Miles Falcon, Union Airways, Milson Airport
Fleet of  Union Airways aeroplanes, Milson Airport
DC3 aeroplanes, Milson Airport
New Zealand National Airways Corporation building, Milson Airport
Aerial view of runway, Milson Airport
NAC aeroplane at Milson Airport
Resealing the runway, Milson Airport
Resealing Milson Airport runway
Opening of the First International Agricutural Aviation Show, Milson Airport
'Southern Cross' aeroplane, Milson Airport
Control tower, Milson Airport
Shell fuel depot, Milson Airport

User comments