Skip to Content

Situated at Terrace End, Palmerston North, the Power Station opened May 1924, and commenced supplying power to Palmerston North and to the Manawatu-Oroua Electric Power Board. The power station operated as the main supply throughout the 1920s and at times in the 1930s, and continued to be used to cut peak demand until the 1990s. It is now home to the Electric Power Station Trust.

Identification

Object type
Image
Date
circa 1939
Digitisation ID
2007N_Bm10_BUI_0199
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Butzbach Bakery, Main Street
Bunnythorpe Co-Op Dairy Co. Ltd.
Brick kiln chimney
Wesley Methodist Church
Keith Street Power Station
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
'Square Edge', The Square - 1981
Construction of the Convention Centre, Main Srreet
First meeting in new Palmerston North City Council Chambers, The Square
Palmerston North City Council administration building and Hopwood clock tower
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Square Edge, The Square - 2002

Taxonomy

Tags
bricks,
buildings,
municipal,
power house,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Butzbach Bakery, Main Street
Bunnythorpe Co-Op Dairy Co. Ltd.
Brick kiln chimney
Wesley Methodist Church
Keith Street Power Station
Te Marae o Hine / The Square
'Square Edge', The Square - 1981
Construction of the Convention Centre, Main Srreet
First meeting in new Palmerston North City Council Chambers, The Square
Palmerston North City Council administration building and Hopwood clock tower
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Square Edge, The Square - 2002