Organising committee members of the Wellington branch of the Palmerston North High School Old Pupils’ Association. The Association was founded in 1909, an occasion marked by an inaugural annual dance held in the city’s Alexandra Hall. Seen here are: (back two) John Henry Chapman, elder son of local PN sheep and dairy farmer William Chapman, and L. Harrison; (middle row) J. Spear (Hon. Sec.), E. Inder (Pres.) and R. Newth; (in front) E. Finlayson. The Association organised a subscription to help re-equip the school following its destruction by fire the year that this photo was taken.