Skip to Content

In 1955 this Palmerston North property was purchased to serve as a school building for Carncot Shool. It is still in use today. Carncot School was started by Constance L Standford in The Square, moved to Duke (now Princess) Street in 1906, and then to Broadway Avenue. Originally it was a private school for boys and girls but now operates as Carncot Independent School for Girls.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc81
Date
August 26, 1975
Digitisation ID
2007P_Sc81_SCH_0413
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

College Street School cricket team
Central School swimming team winners.
Girl pupils, first state school
Intermediate Normal School, Ferguson Street
Russell Street School, Palmerston North
Miss P M Hastings with her Class at Terrace End School
Hokowhitu School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Pupils and adults outside Newbury School
Teachers and pupils outside Tiritea School
Boys of College Street School

Taxonomy

Tags
photographs,
primary education,
schools,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

College Street School cricket team
Central School swimming team winners.
Girl pupils, first state school
Intermediate Normal School, Ferguson Street
Russell Street School, Palmerston North
Miss P M Hastings with her Class at Terrace End School
Hokowhitu School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Pupils and adults outside Newbury School
Teachers and pupils outside Tiritea School
Boys of College Street School