This was the second bridge over the Manawatu River in Palmerston North, replacing the original structure built in 1877. It was constructed by Fletcher Construction and remained until 1986 when it proved too small for the volume of traffic, particularly as it serves the main route to Massey University. This photograph shows a view of the reinforcing steel used in the construction of Fitzherbert Bridge.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of Fitzherbert Bridge
- Held In