Skip to Content

Methodist services began in Palmerston North in 1871. Because of growth it was decided to establish a church in the southern part of the town and land was purchased in Cuba Street, on the corner of Domain Street, in 1893. However, it was not until 1924 that the Trinity Church was built on the site. In 1989 the St Paul's and Trinity churches decided to unite on the Broadway site and this building was sold to the Apostolic Church. In 2003 the building was demolished as it was deemed an earthquake risk.

Identification

Object type
Image
Date
2003
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DIGITALMASTER_004327
Format
Colour print
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 4
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 9

Taxonomy

Tags
churches,
cuba street,
demolition,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 4
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 9