Massey Agricultural college students outside of the Refectory. Massey Agricultural College opened in 1928. The Refectory was designed by Roy A. Lippincott in the Spanish Mission / Mission Revival style. It was built in 1930 by Fletcher Construction, and opened in 1931. It was one of the original buildings on the Massey Agricultural College campus, alongside the Main Building, and housed the dining room, students' common room, kitchen and servants’ quarters. It is now used as offices.