The construction of a new infant block, 1950. The original Terrace End School building was situated in Main Street in 1884. Mrs Harvey was the first teacher. In June 1884, the School was moved to Deard's Hall in Main Street, near its current location. Mr G.Nye was headmaster. He was followed by D.H. Guthrie, C.H. von Blaremberg and T. F. Fairbrother (by 1893). The School was moved to Terrace Street (renamed Ruahine Street in 1926) in September 1885. Several new buildings were constructed between 1927 and 1960.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of the Infant Block, Terrace End School
- Held In