Skip to Content
Clock tower in The Square

More Info →Clock tower in The Square

Looking past the bus car parks in The Square to the clock tower. The clock tower was built in 1955, after a donation by Arthur Hopwood, a local businessman.

Directly in front of the clock tower can be seen the war memorial erected in 1926. The Square has undergone substantial changes since the clock tower was constructed.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2019P_IMCA-DigitalArchive_028539
Title
Clock tower in The Square
Relation
IMCA Digital Archive
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

1960s Clock Tower
Palmerston North Views Booklet
Hopwood Clock Tower, 1975
The Square in the Early 1960s
A View of the Square
Clock tower in The Square
Coronation Fountain, The Square
Lion's Den and Playground, The Square
Alf Taylor in front of the band rotunda
Palmerston North War Memorial, the Square
War Memorial, The Square
Statue of Te Awe Awe and the Band Rotunda, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
November 7, 2019

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

1960s Clock Tower
Palmerston North Views Booklet
Hopwood Clock Tower, 1975
The Square in the Early 1960s
A View of the Square
Clock tower in The Square
Coronation Fountain, The Square
Lion's Den and Playground, The Square
Alf Taylor in front of the band rotunda
Palmerston North War Memorial, the Square
War Memorial, The Square
Statue of Te Awe Awe and the Band Rotunda, The Square

User comments