Section A-A plan of the Soldiers' Club Building, dated 1916. Built on the corner of Cuba and George Streets for the Manawatu Patriotic Society and completed in 1917 to a design from the firm of L G West & Son. The building was used by the Returned and Services Association until 1966 when it was sold to a private owner. Currently it houses Cafe Cuba on the ground floor whose outdoor tables can be seen occupying the footpath along Cuba Street. The building is well preserved and contains many of the original design features including cast iron columns along the verandah.