Skip to Content

The butchery stood on the south-eastern side of The Square, between the then Bank of New Zealand and the All Saint's Church. Above the shop sign, another sign identifies the shop as 'Late T Parkins'. The building was later remodeled and in the 1960s was occupied by the Kairanga Meat Co. butchery. This photograph was published in the Manawatu Cookery Book of 1913.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Bc8_WOR_0073
Title
Staff outside E Hampton Butcher shop
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 8
Date
circa 1910

Related items

Butchers Outside 'Old Feilding Slaughter-house'
Longburn Abattoir - Staff Photograph
Butchers at Work
Chisholm's Store
Workers at Longburn Freezing Works
Staff outside F Needham, Building Contractor and Joiner and Needham & Ramsay, Plumber
Staff outside Browning and Tory Coachbuilders
Manufacture of glazed pipes at a Palmerston North factory
Red House grocery store, Foxton
Stephens Bros. Merchants & Commission Agents
Railway Station in The Square
Delivering milk to Joseph Nathan & Co Ltd Cheese Factory, at Bunnythorpe

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
apron,
carcass,
dog,
food,
horse,
meat,
shopfront,
shopkeepers,
staff,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Butchers Outside 'Old Feilding Slaughter-house'
Longburn Abattoir - Staff Photograph
Butchers at Work
Chisholm's Store
Workers at Longburn Freezing Works
Staff outside F Needham, Building Contractor and Joiner and Needham & Ramsay, Plumber
Staff outside Browning and Tory Coachbuilders
Manufacture of glazed pipes at a Palmerston North factory
Red House grocery store, Foxton
Stephens Bros. Merchants & Commission Agents
Railway Station in The Square
Delivering milk to Joseph Nathan & Co Ltd Cheese Factory, at Bunnythorpe