John H P Strang, a local business man, and his wife Mary bought a house in Te Awe Awe Street in 1903. After enlarging it, they called it 'Woodhey' after his wife's home in England. (This property is now known as Caccia Birch and owned by Palmerston North City Council.) Taken in the grounds of Woodhey the photograph shows Alex Strang (1893-1968), one of the three sons of Jack and Mary Strang, on 'Creamy' the horse, with his cousins William Taylor-Young (right) and Strang Taylor-Young (left), and dogs Grip (left) and Jock.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Three sons of the Strang family at "Woodhey"
- Held In