Vol 3, No.2 newsletter of the Friends of the Regent, featuring an article on the beginnings of the Friends of the Regent, the Annual Report and profiles on Jo-Ann Cowie and Pat Snoxell.
The Regent Theatre in Broadway, opened 4 July 1930 as a cinema and theatre. It was designed by Charles Hollingshed for owners Williamson Films Ltd, and built of reinforced concrete by Julian and Co at a cost of £46,000. One of its features is a solid marble staircase. In the 1990s the theatre was purchased by the Palmerston North City Council and restored as the city's premier theatre. It is leased to the Regent Theatre Trust Board who run the facility.