Carow Ladies' College was constructed about 1891 by Mr & Mrs C A Von Blaramberg and served as the family residence and the Carow Ladies’ College (also known as the Carow Girls’ Collegiate School) until about 1902. It was situated in Carow Street, but its main entrance was via a long driveway from Grey Street. From 1902-1908 it was the private residence of Duncan Matheson, who then sold it to the Catholic Church. In 1923 the building was cut in half and moved on rollers to the south side of Fitchett street, where it was the St Joseph’s Convent High School until 1974. The building was demolished in the 1990s to make way for a retirement village.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Entrance to Carow Ladies' College
- Held In