Skip to Content

Child Brothers was a carrier and fuel merchant. It was established in 1919 by Mr E G Child and his sons, W J and E W H Child. In the 1920s it also opened up a metal crushing depot and plant in Albert Street. Their head office was in George Street.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
CA: Elmar Negative Collection. Notebook 1: FM 420
Date
1947
Digitisation ID
2011N_ELMAR-1-B2_005090
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Child Brothers - Workshop
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Mechanic’s Garage – Tractor Repair
Child Bros Garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Roadmen working at Rangitikei Line
Workmen resting when laying a gas main, Russell Street
Interior of Eclipse Wire Products, Grey Street
The Stomach - Swampfest 1997 / The Stomach
Group of Adults and Children

Taxonomy

Tags
elmar studios,
photographs,
tools,
workshop,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Child Brothers - Workshop
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Mechanic’s Garage – Tractor Repair
Child Bros Garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Child Bros garage, Palmerston North
Roadmen working at Rangitikei Line
Workmen resting when laying a gas main, Russell Street
Interior of Eclipse Wire Products, Grey Street
The Stomach - Swampfest 1997 / The Stomach
Group of Adults and Children