'Highden' was designed by Frederick de Jersey Clere and built in 1898 for the Honourable Walter Woods Johnston. In 1903 a wing, designed by C T Natusch, was added. Highden was bought by the Society of Mary in 1923 and occupied by the Marist Brothers. Novices would spend 1, of their 8 - 9 years of training for the Priesthood, at Highden. In 1990 it was again sold, as a Bed and Breakfast, and then in 2000 for an international school. It has since changed hands again and goes under the name Highden Manor Estate.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- 'Highden', Green Road, Awahuri
- Held In