Skip to Content

More Info →71 Broadway Avenue

This house was designed, probably by Reginald Thorrold-Jaggard, and built for Dr. G.A. Forrest in 1925. It became 187 Broadway Avenue in the late 1930s. The house was subsequently owned by two more doctors (Dr Wilson and Dr Swallow), all of whom used the building as a surgery and residence, until 1972. In 1984 it was became the legal offices of Fitzherbert Abraham & Co. By then the garage had been demolished and a brick wall constructed along the front. In the 1990s the house was removed to an unknown location and a single storey office building constructed on the site.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_Bur319_3451
Title
71 Broadway Avenue
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 319
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

71 Broadway Avenue
16 Guy Avenue
Cottage at 'Papaiōea Historic Village'
Mr and Mrs Ralfe outside cottage
125 Fitzherbert Avenue
8 and 9 Carlton Avenue
Newly built double unit
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
802 Main Street
Ola Persson Dahlstrom outside his farmhouse, Whakarongo
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
Gardens at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1920 to circa 1929

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

71 Broadway Avenue
16 Guy Avenue
Cottage at 'Papaiōea Historic Village'
Mr and Mrs Ralfe outside cottage
125 Fitzherbert Avenue
8 and 9 Carlton Avenue
Newly built double unit
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
802 Main Street
Ola Persson Dahlstrom outside his farmhouse, Whakarongo
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
Gardens at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert

User comments