Skip to Content

More Info →Stephens Brothers, Merchants

Mr Henry H Stephens and his wife Francis Lawson moved to Apiti in 1894 and established the business, working it until their departure to Awahuri in 1908. Henry Stephens was also appointed a Justice of the Peace while in Apiti. Henry Stephens opened another store in Awahuri, trading in the same goods and services. He died in Awahuri in 1913.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Poh53_007542
Title
Stephens Brothers, Merchants
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Poh 53
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Stephens Brothers, Merchants
H Christensen - General Storekeeper
H Christensen - General Storekeeper
W G Wilby shop, Cuba Street
W J Horn shop
Fred and Ben Coutts
Bauckham and Hart Storekeepers, Ashhurst
Tea and Luncheon Rooms, Foxton
J.A. Nash & Co. Ltd, Coleman Place
Boon and Cole's Store and Bakery
Percy Robêrt's General Store, Main Street
R. R. Scott Post Office and Store

Creation

Created By
Place
Manawatu
Date
circa 1930

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Stephens Brothers, Merchants
H Christensen - General Storekeeper
H Christensen - General Storekeeper
W G Wilby shop, Cuba Street
W J Horn shop
Fred and Ben Coutts
Bauckham and Hart Storekeepers, Ashhurst
Tea and Luncheon Rooms, Foxton
J.A. Nash & Co. Ltd, Coleman Place
Boon and Cole's Store and Bakery
Percy Robêrt's General Store, Main Street
R. R. Scott Post Office and Store

User comments