This photograph was taken from the corner of The Square and Main Street West. The bottom right corner shows where the Civic Centre would be built across the road and into The Square. The clock tower in The Square was built in 1957 and contains the chimes from the Post Office tower - which was dismantled in 1941 after the Wellington earthquake.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Square during Construction of the Civic Centre
- Held In